Coral Gables will be abuzz with a variety of Halloween-themed events running from Saturday, Oct. 29 through Monday, Oct. 31.
“We invite South Florida residents and visitors to join us Halloween weekend,” said Mayor Vince Lago. “We are hosting family-friendly events like Trick-or-Treat on the Mile and the Day of the Dead celebration for all to enjoy.”
Saturday, Oct. 29
- Don your costumes and Trick-or-Treat on the Mile, Coral Gables’ most celebrated boulevard, from 3 to 8 p.m. More than 60 retail businesses will offer candy to trick-or-treaters beginning at 3 p.m., while supplies last. There will also be photo moments, paseo activations, and a haunted graveyard. This event is free and open to the public.
- Children’s face painting at Rodilla, 135 Miracle Mile, 3 – 6 p.m.
- Magic show in the plaza by 384 Miracle Mile, 3 p.m.
- Disney on Broadway Show at Actors' Playhouse, 280 Miracle Mile, 4 p.m.
- Spooky Children’s Story Hour at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., 5 p.m.
- Aerialist performance in front of Metro T-Mobile and Massage Envy near 262 Miracle Mile, 6 p.m.
- Showcase your four-legged family members during the Coral Gables Museum’s Doggie Halloween Costume Contest at 4 p.m.
- Enjoy the annual Day of the Dead Celebration from 4 to 9 p.m. across from Coral Gables City Hall. There will be performances, music, dance demonstrations, and authentic food options.
- Show off your pumpkin carving skills during the Halloween Pumpkin Float event at the historic Venetian Pool from 6 to 8 p.m. Attendees will participate in a pumpkin crafting activity and watch the finished pumpkins float in the dark, moonlit waters.
- View the supernatural horror film "The Omen," at the Coral Gables Art Cinema at 1 p.m. Viewing is free for Coral Gables residents ages 40 plus.
Saturday, Oct. 29 and Sunday, Oct. 30
- Celebrate Halloween at the Actors’ Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre. Kids in costume receive a free ticket with each paid adult to the 2 p.m. matinee of "Charlotte’s Web". There will be a costume parade, character greeting and a special Disney on Broadway presentation by the Musical Miracles.
Sunday, Oct. 30
- Participate in the Rotary Club of Coral Gables Chili Chillin’ Cookoff at Ponce Circle Park from 1 to 5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. To taste the chili, tickets are required.
- View a special showing of "Heathers" at the Coral Gables Art Cinema at 9 p.m., costumes are encouraged.
Monday, Oct. 31
- Visit the Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center for Nightmare at 405 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. The Youth Center will be transformed into a gloomy, haunted house with a variety of scare zones.
For those attending the Saturday downtown area events, there is plenty of parking at four municipal garages (two located on Andalusia and two located on Aragon). The Coral Gables Trolley also operates from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with seamless connections to the Douglas Road Metrorail Station. Freebee service is also available. For more information, visit Parking Department | Coral Gables.