Little Free Libraries
Find our Little Free Libraries across a selection of some of the City parks.Little Free Libraries
Community Recreation Master Plan
Read our Community Recreation Master Plan and FAQ.Community Recreation Master Plan
Upcoming and Archived Meetings
The City of Coral Gables hosts community meetings open to the public regarding municipal parks and other recreation centers.Find Out More
Recent Projects and Updates
The Community Recreation Department maintains a 5 Year Capital Improvement Matrix to budget for the replacement, enhancements or renovations of its existing park and open space inventory. Stay up to date on new projects, community input meetings and opportunities as well as project timelines and construction updates.
- Dec. 8, 2022: The city hosted a community meeting on Dec. 8, 2022 at the Adult Activity Center to discuss the renovation of the Granada Golf Course diner space. A recording of the meeting can be found on the Park Projects Community Meetings page.
- The Community Recreation Department will take on the management of the Coral Gables Golf and Country Club. At the March 29 City Commission meeting, an updated operations plan including fitness membership fees and banquet rental rates was presented. The Commission approved the new club fees as well as the implementation of Phase 1 which includes the funding of the fitness center, pool, and banquet hall rentals.
- Phase II will include the transition for the cafe space, the tennis and golf memberships, and programming. The Department is actively engaging in employee recruitment to provide a seamless transition for when the city assumes the management of the building. The current tenant will remain in the building through April 30, 2022.
- Oct. 20, 2022: The window for public comment in relation to the proposed Merrick Park ADA improvement is now closed.
- Sept. 15, 2022: Plans are in place for a walkway in Merrick Park (across from City Hall, 405 Biltmore Way). See below for a PDF.
Maggiore Park, on 5028 Maggiore Street, Coral Gables, will be transformed into a multi-faceted public space to provide the community with several park amenities. Construction has begun! For additional information, please email ParksProjects@coralgables.com.