To inspire the love of reading, the Community Recreation department is installing Little Free Libraries at some of our city parks. Take a book or leave a book at any of these parks. The Little Free Library is a global literacy movement with 100,000 registered mini-libraries in all 50 states and 108 countries around the globe. To date, more than 120 million books have been shared through this program.
You can find Little Free Libraries at these parks in Coral Gables:
- Catalonia Park
- Majorca Park
- Coral Gables Merrick House
- Rotary Centennial Park
- War Memorial Youth Center
Sponsor a Little Free Library in Coral Gables
By sponsoring a Free Little Library you or your organization will have the opportunity to join the City of Coral Gables in developing a system of Little Free Libraries within the existing parks system and start a neighborhood movement to share books.
Complete a Little Free Library Sponsorship Form HERE
The cost of a Little Free Library Sponsorship Package is valued at $1,000 each, and includes:
- Purchase and installation of a Composite Two Story Forest Little Free Library at a park of your choice within the approved listing of available park locations.
- Starter kit of books.
- Commemorative small tribute plaque in honor of the individual or organization.
- Opportunity to hold a ribbon-cutting on site.
- A registered library located on the Little Free Library World Map HERE.
- Additional proceeds will go towards Community Recreation literacy initiatives such as the annual Coral Gables Summer Family Literacy Festival.