As people increasingly choose to use a bicycle over other forms of transport, traffic and emissions are reduced leading to a more livable Coral Gables. According to traffic data, providing bike lanes reduces crashes and injuries and speeds up travel times. There's never been a better time to bike through Coral Gables.
- Bicyclists may ride on sidewalks (except on Miracle Mile) but must yield to pedestrians.
- Always ride on the right half of the roadway in the same direction as traffic. A cyclist may be cited for riding against the flow of traffic, the same as an automobile.
- Obey all traffic control devices – signs, markings and traffic signals
- You must equip your bicycle with a front white light and a rear red light when traveling between dusk and dawn
- You must not wear headsets, headphones or listening devices, other than a hearing aid
- You must NOT use a bicycle to carry more persons at a time than that for which the bicycle was designed or equipped. Bicycle pegs are not acceptable for carrying a person
- Always wear a securely fastened, properly fitted bicycle helmet if the rider or passenger is under 16 years of age
Bicycles, when parked in the business district, shall be parked in zones or places designated and marked for that purpose. It shall be unlawful for any person to park any bicycle along buildings in such a manner as to interfere with pedestrians, or along roadways where they may interfere with traffic, or with persons getting into or out of motor vehicles.
The riding of bicycles upon the pedestrian sidewalks on Miracle Mile shall be prohibited and unlawful with the exception of law enforcement officers in performance of their duties.
The City of Coral Gables provides free bike parking at city sponsored events and requires special events sponsors to provide bike parking for event expecting over 1000 participants.
The City will furnish and install bike racks, free of charge, to businesses in an effort to become a more bicycle friendly community and encourage residents to choose cycling as a means to a healthy lifestyle and a transportation alternative. Use the City Mobil App to request a bike rack or get in touch at email@example.com or call 305-460-5000.
The Coral Gables Museum and Coral Gables Art Cinema have become the first businesses in The City of Coral Gables to become nationally recognized as Bicycle Friendly Businesses.
Bicycle Friendly Businesses encourage a more bicycle-friendly atmosphere for employees and customers alike. BFBs attract and retain energized, alert and productive employees, while decreasing healthcare costs.
Become nationally recognized for your efforts to encourage a more welcoming atmosphere for employees, customers, and the community. Apply to the program.
Cycling Organizations, Tours & ShopsCycling Organizations, Tours & Shops