Coral Gables collects garbage from the side of single-family homes twice a week (Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday.) Find your collection day using the link in the header.
What is garbage/household garbage?
- Food scraps
- Food packaging
- Dry cleaning bags
- Other typical household waste that usually comes from the restroom and kitchen
- Garbage must be securely bagged.
- Bag cannot weigh more than 50 lbs.
- Cat litter must be double bagged and cannot weigh more than 50 lbs.
- For the safety of our employees, glass must be secured in a way not to break the bag.
- No construction debris, paints, or household chemicals are allowed.
The collection, disposal, and recycling of trash for multi-family and commercial properties, including duplexes, is serviced by Waste Management of Dade County. You can contact Waste Management at 786-450-5699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding services for apartments, condominiums, duplexes, and commercial properties.
For items too large for your dumpster:Bulk Trash Flyer [PDF]
Garbage Pickup Questions
No, residents are responsible for purchasing garbage cans. Up to two 30-gallon garbage cans are allowed per home.
Garbage cans should be left on the side of the home and not be visible from the street. Garbage cans cannot be placed in the swale, driveway, or front of the house it’s a code violation.
Solid Waste workers need to have access to the cans. On your scheduled service days, gates or pedestrian doors must be left accessible and unlocked.