Electric Vehicles and Charging Points
In 2016, the City of Coral Gables introduced its new Green Fleet and has continued adding electric vehicles to its fleet. The city currently has a total of 70 electric vehicles (EVs) – including 35 Nissan Leafs, 23 Chevy Bolts and 12 GEMs – in its fleet, making it one of the largest municipal government EV fleets in the State of Florida.
To check the station's availability and to create a ChargePoint account please visit ChargePoint website. Opening a ChargePoint account will enable the use of any of the charging stations located in city garages or city surface parking lots. For more information please contact email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Thank you for using the City of Coral Gables ChargePoint stations. Please be advised that starting June 19, there will be a fee to use the electric vehicle charging stations in Lot 20, located at 435 Valencia Ave., and beginning June 26, fees will apply at all other City ChargePoint stations. The rate will be 4 cents per minute. The city kindly requests that once your vehicle is fully charged, please move it to ensure that the stations remain accessible to everyone.
For any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for your continued support.
- (7) level II Dual Port ChargePoint Charging Stations available at (2) Parking Garage #2 (220 Aragon Ave.), (3) Garage #4 (345 Andalusia Ave.) and (2) Garage #6 (51 Aragon Ave.).
- (4) level II Dual Port ChargePoint Charging Stations available in Lot #20 at 435 Valencia Ave.
- (1) level II Dual Port ChargePoint Charging Stations available in Lot #7 at 221 Almeria Ave.
- (1) level II Dual Port ChargePoint Charging Stations available in Lot #30 at 95 Valencia Ave.
- (1) Level II Dual Port ChargePoint Charging Station at Kerdyk Tennis Center (1150 Anastasia Ave.)
- (2) Level III single port EVGo stations at City Hall (405 Biltmore Way). Stations are managed by EVGo. Charge of $0.35 per minute.
Each dual port station can charge two vehicles at one time.
Please note that this is subject to change.
- Under Construction:
- Garage #3 (Minorca Garage, next to Police and Fire Headquarters)
- In Design:
- Lot #8 (240 Giralda Ave.)
- Lots #12 and #16 (4600 Ponce de Leon Blvd.)
- Lot #17 (217 Madeira Ave.)
- Mobility Hub (245 Andalusia Ave.)
- (6) Level II Single Port Charging Stations at Public Works Maintenance Facility (2800 SW 72nd Ave.)
- (1) Level III Single Port Charging Station at Public Works Maintenance Facility (2800 SW 72nd Ave.)
- (1) Level III Single Port Charging Station at the War Memorial Youth Center (405 University Drive)
- (1) Level III Single Port Charging Station at Police and Fire Headquarters (2151 Salzedo)
Zoning Code: EV Charging Station RequirementsZoning Code: EV Charging Station Requirements
The city is currently under a micro-mobility pilot program. As a part of that pilot program, there are currently 125 Bird electric scooters spread across the Miracle Mile, Merrick Park and downtown areas, making exploring Coral Gables even easier.
Scooters in Coral Gables will have a top speed of 15 mph to ensure efficient, yet safe, transportation throughout the city. While the scooters will be welcomed and encouraged throughout Coral Gables, certain areas will be deemed "no-ride zones" due to an increased amount of pedestrian activity such as on the sidewalks on Miracle Mile, on Ponce De Leon two blocks north and south of Miracle Mile, along the Granada Golf Course, and within Giralda Plaza.
Dockless Bike Share and Scooter Share, also known as the Dockless Mobility Program, refers to a new type of shared mobility that allows users to unlock, rent, and ride bikes, electric bikes, and electric scooters from virtually anywhere using a smartphone application. Devices are currently staged on Miracle Mile intersections and nearby streets, near Douglas and UM Metro Stations, and in other locations around the city. At this time, only Bird is permitted to stage their devices in Coral Gables.
- If you see an incorrectly parked or broken device, please contact Bird at 1-866-205-2442 or email@example.com.
- Must be 18 years or older to ride a rental scooter.
- No double/tandem riding.
- Follow all state and local laws.
- Do not ride in designated “No-Ride Zones”.
- Helmets are strongly encouraged.
Due to increased pedestrian activity in these areas, the following are "no-ride zones":
- City parking garages
- Sidewalks on Miracle Mile
- Ponce De Leon Blvd. two blocks north and south of Miracle Mile
- Giralda Plaza
- Along the Granada Golf Course, Biltmore Golf Course and Riviera Country Club
When dropping off devices, they should be:
- Away from designated "No-Ride Zones"
- Parked upright at all times
- Never parked mid-block on Miracle Mile or Giralda Plaza
- Never parked on private property
- Never blocking the complete width of a sidewalk (Must leave a minimum width of 3 feet)
- Never blocking curb cuts, fire hydrants or emergency access doors
- Never blocking handicap access points
- Never blocking business entryways
If possible, please park in a preferred/designated parking corral.