The City of Coral Gables may provide an on-street accessible parking space to North Gables residents with a disability to aid in their transportation and mobility.
For those residents who meet the following criteria, the City of Coral Gables Parking Department will consider an application for an on-street accessible parking space:
- The resident resides in the North Gables area zoned for multi-family homes between the City’s Central Business District and eighth street.
- The resident has a current permanent disabled parking permit or wheelchair license plate issued by the Florida Department of Highway and Motor Vehicles (residents with a temporary disabled parking permit are not eligible).
- The resident does not have access to accessible off-street parking.
- If the resident resides in a Residential Parking Permit zone, the resident must have the appropriate Residential Parking Permit required by the City of Coral Gables Parking Department.
If the resident meets the above qualifications, the resident may apply for an on-street accessible parking space by completing the application attached to this policy.
- The City’s Parking Department approves or denies the request for an on-street accessible parking space.
- An on-street accessible parking space is not a private parking space. The applicant does not have exclusive use of the on-street accessible parking space. Any other person with a valid disabled parking permit or wheelchair license plate may park in any on-street accessible parking space.
- The applicant must submit annual proof of residency and proof of a permanent disability permit or wheelchair license plate every October. The City shall send via postal mail or email a renewal reminder.
- The City reserves the right to remove or relocate the on-street accessible parking space at any time. Circumstances necessitating removal or relations may include, but are not limited to, failure to provide renewal information, relocation of resident requiring accessible parking, or changes in parking or regulatory restrictions that results in a failure to meet the criteria of this policy.
- The accessible parking space must comply with ADA requirements.
- If the application is granted, the applicant will be notified in writing.
On-Street Accessible Parking Application for North Gables [PDF]On-Street Accessible Parking Application for North Gables [PDF]