This March, downtown Coral Gables will be transformed into a celestial art experience with “Moon Over The Gables,” an event that brings the internationally renowned “Museum of the Moon” to Ponce Circle Park starting Thursday, March 9. We encourage you to post your best images with the tag #MoonOverTheGables on Instagram!
Measuring 23 feet in diameter, artist Luke Jerram’s moon features 120 dpi detailed NASA imagery of the lunar surface. At an approximate scale of 1:500,000, each inch of the sculpture represents 8 miles of the moon’s surface. Eight miles is the distance from Ponce Circle Park to SW 137th Avenue. The presence of our cosmic neighbor will loom over artistic, scientific and cultural events.
- Thursday, March 9: OPENING NIGHT – Meet us under the Moon and enjoy live music by Los Wizards
- Friday, March 10: Movie Under the Moon – "E.T." screening presented by the City of Coral Gables and Coral Gables Art Cinema
- Saturday, March 11: Dancing in the Moonlight
- Thursday, March 16: Full Moon Yoga
- Friday, March 17: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
- Saturday, March 18: Goodnight Moon Pajama Party
- Thursday, March 23: Howl at the Moon – Bring your (leashed) dogs to howl at the moon!
- Friday, March 24: Picnic Under the Moon
For more information on the "Museum of the Moon," visit MoonOverTheGables.com.