Join streaming in ZoomJoin streaming in Zoom
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that the City of Coral Gables, Florida, City Commission will be having a Sunshine Neighborhood Meeting for the purpose of discussing proposed text amendments to the Zoning Code to create the Central Business District (CBD) Open Space Incentives Program to be held on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at Police and Fire Headquarters, 2151 Salzedo Street, Coral Gables, FL. The district is the area bounded by Navarre Avenue, Douglas Road, Almeria Avenue, and LeJeune Road. The intent of the proposed text amendments is to incentivize additional landscaped open space in Downtown Coral Gables. The Commission desires to incorporate additional landscaped open space adjacent to future development to beautify the area and enhance the pedestrian experience. The proposed open space incentive program is summarized below:
- Incentivize additional 15% of the property to be ground-level landscaped open space by allowing a building height of 124,’ conveyed to the City of Coral Gables
- Limit to MX2 zoning within the Central Business District (CBD)
- Prohibit within 200’ of Single-Family Residential (SFR) zoning
- Limit to share a property line with only MX2 or MX3 zoning
- Prohibit to face Miracle Mile within the Miracle Mile Zain/Friedman Downtown Overlay District, Giralda Plaza Overlay District, and other overlay districts within the CBD; and
- Require to meet the Coral Gables Mediterranean Style bonus Levels 1 and 2
The meeting may be attended by members of the City Commission and City Staff. Pursuant to the Sunshine Law, the meeting is open to attendance by the members of the public. Please forward to other interested parties.
ADA Notice: The city welcomes individuals with disabilities. To request a modification to a policy, practice or procedure or to request an auxiliary aide or service (such as a sign language interpreter) in order to participate in a city program, activity or event, please contact the city’s ADA Coordinator Raquel Elejabarrieta or the Director of the sponsoring department at least three (3) business days in advance. ADA Coordinator Raquel Elejabarrieta may be reached by email: email@example.com, or by telephone: 305-722-8686 (voice) or 305-442-1600 (TTY/TDD).