Keep Coral Gables Beautiful will host a Recycling Drive-Thru on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. to noon at the parking lot behind City Hall, 405 Biltmore Way, for city residents. Participants must enter the event through the Coral Way entrance to the City Hall parking lot.
Proof of residency in Coral Gables is required, and items will not be accepted before 9 a.m. or after noon.
Over the past eight years, these bi-annual events have diverted nearly 440,000 pounds of electronic, household hazardous waste, clothing and paper from entering landfills. This event is organized by Keep Coral Gables Beautiful in partnership with the Coral Gables Sustainability Advisory Board and the City of Coral Gables Police and Public Works Departments.
- Electronic items with a plug or batteries
- Paper for shredding (maximum of 5 standard-sized boxes or one 13-gallon trash bag per vehicle)
- Large cardboard boxes
- Household hazardous waste such as paint cans, pool chemicals, oils, batteries, and household pesticides
- Lightly/gently used clothing (no undergarments) for donation to Camillus House. Men's shirts, pants and shorts are in high demand.
Materials Not Accepted:
- Biological/infectious waste (i.e., sharps)
- Radioactive materials
- Non-propane cylinders
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke detectors
- Reactive materials requiring stabilization
- DEA-regulated substances
- Expired or unwanted prescription drugs (can be dropped off at 2151 Salzedo St.)