The Coral Gables Fire Department provides 24-hour emergency services, 365 days a year. In addition to the traditional service of fire suppression, the Department also provides advanced and basic life support emergency medical services and transport, rescue operations, fire prevention, life safety inspections, public education, emergency management, and public information.
Services are provided to the Coral Gables community via three fire stations. The Coral Gables Fire Department has a chief administrative officer (Fire Chief) supported by a management team consisting of one Deputy Chief, three Division Chiefs, and one Administrative Supervisor.
- Americans Heart Association
- Children's Fire Safety
- Commission on Fire Accreditation International
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Florida Department of Public Health
- Florida Fire Chief's Association
- Insurance Service Office (ISO)
- Miami Dade Office of Emergency Management
- National Fire Protection Association
- National Hurricane Center
- State of Florida Contractors License Info
- The National Weather Service/NOAA
- U.S. Fire Administration
- Overtime Inspection Request Form
- Permit Application
- Permit Application - Notice of Change
- Hydrant Flow Test Permit Request Form
- Permit Application for Hydrant Use
- How to pay for a Permit Online
- Fireworks Display permit
- Doors-Self-Closing Form
- Pre-Inspection Checklist
- Fire-Watch Guidelines
- Fireworks Inspection checklist
- Food Truck & Tent Checklist
- Smoke Alarm Inspection & Test Form
- Minimum TCO Requirements
- Nuisance False Alarm Notice
- Temporary Tents Application Procedures
- Smoke Control Best Practices
- In-Building Radio Coverage Solutions
Hours of Operation for all stations
Administrative: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fire Stations: 24 hours a day / 365 days a year
Fire Station 2
525 South Dixie Highway, Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Fire Station 3
11911 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, Florida 33156
Fire Department Community Services
In addition to the traditional Fire and Emergency Medical Services offered by the Coral Gables Fire Department, the department also offers a range of community service programs
Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention Division is responsible for plans review, public education, fire/life safety inspections, enforcement of the Life Safety/Fire Safety Code, special events, and public service announcements.
Logistics & Capital Planning Division
The division is responsible for delivery of emergency services via three battalions, with an average of 42 personnel assigned to each battalion. The Operations Division coordinates with the Fire Prevention Division and the Professional Standards Division to schedule daily activities.
Professional Standards Division
The Professional Standards Division is responsible for all emergency medical, fire suppression, driver engineer, officer, and recruit training. The Division also oversees certification maintenance, research and development, safety, quality assurance, and public education.