We welcome you and your four-legged friends to Coral Gables pet-friendly neighborhood parks and open spaces. Pet-friendly areas are shared mix use spaces that require for pets to remain leashed at all times. Responsible pet ownership is needed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone visiting our parks and open spaces. Pet owners must take responsibility for their dog’s behavior and need to pick up after their pets. Please don’t leave a mess: There are 101 pet waste stations available throughout the City to properly dispose of dog waste. For more information on our pet waste station program email firstname.lastname@example.org. Together we can keep our parks safe, clean and fun for everyone.
In this section
List of Pet-Friendly Parks
- Alcazar Plaza - 700 Alcazar Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Alhambra Water Tower - 2000 Alhambra Cir, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Balboa Plaza - 2405 De Soto Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Betsy Adams and the Coral Gables Garden Club Park - 4650 Alhambra Circle, Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Cartagena Park- 401 Sunset Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33143
- Catalonia Park - 807 Catalonia Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Coral Bay Park - 1590 Campamento Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33156
- Country Club Prado - Country Club Prado, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Durango Park - 3405 Durango Street, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Ferdinand Park - 1500 Coral Way, Coral Gables, FL, 33134
- Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park - 2810 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Ingraham Park - 4751 West Ingraham Terr., Coral Gables, FL 33133
- J. Fritz and Frances Gordon Park - 800 Country Club Prado, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- James T. Barker Park - 1047 Venetia Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Lamar Louise Curry Park - 2665 De Soto Boulevard, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Lisbon Park - 1015 Lisbon Street, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Maggiore Park - 5028 Maggiore Street, Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Majorca Park - 937 Majorca Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Marlin Park - 6540 Marlin Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33158
- Pittman Park -115 Merrick Way, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Robert J. Fewell Park - 950 Coral Way, Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Rotary Centennial Park - 512 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Ruth Bryan Owen Waterway Park - 3940 Granada Blvd., Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Sunrise Harbor Park - 25 Sunrise Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33133
- William A. Cooper Park - 4920 Washington Dr., Coral Gables, FL 33133
- William H. Kerdyk, Jr., and Family Park - 6611 Yumuri Street, Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Young Park - 950 Castile Plaza, Coral Gables, FL 33134
Pet-Friendly Park Rules
- Bring dogs at your own risk.
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed while in park property.
- Dog waste must be cleaned by their owners properly and immediately.
- Owners must supervise their dogs at all times.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
- No dogs in heat.
- No sick dogs.
- No puppies under 4 months of age.
- For service requests email: email@example.com.
Pet Waste FAQ
All Pet Waste Locations
- What are Pet Waste Stations?
The City of Coral Gables has instituted the use of pet waste stations to provide residents with an easy way to dispose of their pet waste. The City is responsible for regular pick up of the pet waste stations.
- Where can pet waste stations be placed?
Pet waste stations are placed in the following locations: open spaces, parks, recreation facilities, public rights of way, and plazas, after public input and provided they meet specific criteria as noted below. It should be noted pet waste stations are for neighborhoods, not a specific building.
- How is a location chosen for a pet waste station?
- The location must meet the criteria of allowable locations.
- The location must be requested either through resident input or City staff observation.
- Location must be accessible for all populations. Stations may not be be placed in open lots or other areas without an accessibility point.
- There will be a review by the City Parks and Recreation staff once a location is requested. Staff must find that the location shows a demonstrated need for a pet waste station.
- What is the process for requesting a pet station?
- A pet station can be requested by any City resident. Residents can contact the Community Recreation Department at
- (305) 460-5620 or an online request can be made by emailing Petpoo@coralgables.com
- Once a request is made, Parks Division staff will observe the location to determine the demonstrated need.
- Parks Division staff will determine location installation through input from neighborhood residents for public parks and open spaces, and from those residents directly affected in cases of a pet waste installation on public right of ways.
- How are the Pet Waste Stations Maintained?
- City Park Service Attendants will be responsible for the maintenance of the stations.
- All stations located at parks and open spaces will be inspected daily and emptied as needed, as part of the trash maintenance duties performed daily at all parks and open spaces.
- Stations on public right of ways will be inspected twice weekly and emptied as needed.
- Every quarter, staff will review the maintenance schedule and revise for additional maintenance if needed at any right of way stations.
- Please understand that any resident or residents who allow for pet waste stations to be installed on their property and or swale must acknowledge that this does not waive the homeowner’s responsibility to maintain the swale, grass strips, alleys, curbs, or rights-of-way up to the edge of pavement of any public street. This is in accordance with City Code Chapter IV Sec. 62-151.
- Any resident can report maintenance issues of the stations at (305) 460-5620 or online at Petpoo@coralgables.com