Pop Up Incubator
2019-2020 Pop-Up Incubator Program Overview
Applications are being accepted for the retail space at 290 Miracle Mile. Applications received by November 15th, 2019 will be considered for the 1st phase of this project. Ideally, tenants will move into the space by December 15, 2019.
This program is designed to enhance Coral Gables, bringing vibrancy and life to City-controlled retail space by bringing in new tenants on 6-month terms, specifically to 290 Miracle Mile.
The Pop-Up program is, at its core, an incubator program. It is an investment by the City in support of the City’s Retail Strategy. It is an opportunity to bring vibrancy, newness and fresh retail into a short-term space, and for the business owner to build relationships in the downtown, to then move onto a permanent space at the completion of the program.
The available space is approximately 850 rentable square feet, located in the core of the Central Business District, on Miracle Mile, Coral Gables’ famed retail and restaurant boulevard.
The Top retail targets for this program:
- Women’s Apparel & Accessories
- Home & Design Focused Retail
- Men’s Apparel & Accessories
- Athleisure Wear
Terms of Pop Up Program:
- 6-month term
- Security Deposit: First month’s base rent plus two months base rent as security
- Monthly Rent: Base Rent of $1,000 plus 15% of gross sales, as reported to Florida Department of Revenue, monthly Sales Tax Form
- Tenant will be responsible for alarm, security, fire, ac maintenance, electric and water
- Required to adhere to City of Coral Gables signage policy and put up a storefront sign
- Required hours of operation 10 AM - 8 PM Monday – Saturday; 10 AM – 5 PM Sunday
- Required to share monthly sales figures and reports as well as financial statements, prepared by CPA or equivalent
- Required to participate in City, BID and Chamber sponsored events and activities
- Required to comply with insurance requirements, per City of Coral Gables Risk Management Department
- Attend monthly meetings with the City of Coral Gables Business Development Coordinator
- Space will be provided in as is condition, the space must be returned in like condition
- Additional terms as required by lease agreement
*Additional Terms may apply
Selection of Tenant for Pop Up Space:
The tenant will be selected based on completing the application and requirements below. The terms of the application are outlined:
- Completed Application
- Letter of interest
- Business Plan
- Audited Financial Statement OR two years of tax returns
- Description of planned fixtures, display materials, paint colors and graphics
- Letter of recommendation
- Social Media Handles
- E-Commerce or Brand Website
- Photos of your existing operation
- Existing branding and marketing materials
- Description of past business and retail experience
- Adherence to store operating hours
- Adherence to City insurance requirements
Optional: Competitive applications may also include supporting documents such as:
- Window display plan and other aesthetic materials
- Description of any special events or programs planned for the duration of the pop up
Interested applicants are advised and welcome to contact us for more information.
Contact Francesca Valdes, Business Development Coordinator for the City of Coral Gables, at email@example.com, 305.460.5313.
Please be advised that Florida has a broad public records law and therefore, all applications and supporting documentation, including financial statements and tax returns, are public records that will be subject to disclosure pursuant to Florida Statutes Chapter 119.
Click here for the 2019-2020 Pop-Up Incubator Program Overview
Click here for the 2019-2020 Pop-Up Incubator Program Application - Download Application