Public Safety Building
About the project:
- The site is located at 2151 Salzedo Street.
- Groundbreaking - January 11, 2019.
- Projected project completion: Fall of 2020.
- Construction cost is $52,250,000.
- The New Public Safety Building will function as the City’s Police Headquarters and Administration Department, Fire Department Administration Department, 911 Call Center and First Responders Dispatch Center, EOC Command and Operations, Fire Station 1, Human Resources Department, Labor Relations Department, and IT Department.
- Building is 5 stories plus a penthouse for mechanical equipment. It has 190,000 sq. ft; 120,000 sq. ft for the office building and 70,000 sq. ft for a 163 space secured parking garage.
- The Consultant is AECOM Technical Services and the Construction Manager is The Weitz Company. Both were selected through a rigorous Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process.