The City of Coral Gables in collaboration with the Coral Gables Sustainability Advisory Board is celebrating Earth Month (2019) in April with a series of events highlighting the importance of natural resource conservation and environmental preservation. For more information on the City’s environmental initiatives please visit www.coralgables.com/sustainability or call 305-460-5008.
- Saturday March 30: Earth Hour (8:30pm-9:30pm). Turn off your lights/electronics in celebration of Earth Hour. Please visit www.coralgables.com/sustainability or www.earthhour.org for more information.
- April 1-30: Take the Wyland National Mayor's Challenge for Water Conservation (www.mywaterpledge.com) for a chance to win excellent prizes.
- Saturday April 13th from (9am-12pm): Baynanza Biscayne Bay Cleanup Event at Matheson Hammock Park. Visit www.miamidade.gov/environment and click on Baynanza for more information and to register to volunteer.
- Saturday April 13th from (9am-2pm): Miami Dade County Sea Level Rise Planning Workshop at Deering Estates. For more information please visit https://www.miamidade.gov/green/
- Monday April 22nd from 11am-2pm: Earth Day- Hug the Lake at the University of Miami. Visit https://greenu.miami.edu/ for more information.
- Monday April 22nd: Official launch of Coral Gables Green Business Recognition Program. Visit www.coralgables.com/greenbusiness
- Wednesday April 24: Arbor Day / ECO banquet at the Gifford Arboretum. Tree Campus USA celebration at the Arboretum at 6pm (includes a concert from Frost and Food from Green U.) Visit https://greenu.miami.edu/ for more information.
- Friday Apr 26 at 10:30a.m.: Celebrate Arbor Day on April 26 at Carver Elementary! The children's program will start at 10:30 a.m. and the main event will begin at 11 a.m. For more information, please call 305-460-5346.
- Saturday April 27st from (9am-12pm): Coral Gables Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event in the City Hall Parking Lot (405 Biltmore Way). The event is free. Please visit www.coralgables.com/electronicrecycling for more event information.
Be Environmentally-Friendly Year Round with the following Tips to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Please click here for tips that you can do everyday to help reduce your carbon footprint at home, at work/school, and/or on the road.