Skip Navigation

Events & Media Permits


All special events requiring a Special Events Permit will be suspended until further notice. All City events including The Farmers Market and sports tournaments will be suspended until further notice. The Adult Activity Center, Merrick House, Passport Acceptance Facility, Venetian Pool, Tennis Centers, Youth Center and Granada Golf Course will be closed until further notice. All City advisory board meetings are suspended until further notice. All City quasi-judicial board meetings are suspended for the month of April. City Trolley service and Freebee service will continue until further notice. All other city services and facilities will remain open until further notice.
Consistent with Miami-Dade County's declared state of emergency, City of Coral Gables Mayor Raúl Valdés-Fauli has declared a City State of Emergency effective March 12, 2020 due to the public health threat of COVID-19. This proactive measure allows the City to better ensure the public safety of our residents. For up-to-date information visit: 

Follow us in Facebook at for a variety of virtual activities for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home. #playgablesathome 

Events & Media Permits

Planning Your Special Event In Coral Gables

Special events are a great way to highlight your organization, and the community to both visitors and residents of Coral Gables. It is the City of Coral Gables’ objective to help make sure that the event is safe, successful and planned effectively.

You Need to Obtain a Special Events Permit if...

  • Event is open to the general public (with or without charge).

  • Event takes place at a City of Coral Gables facility, on public property or in the right of way.

  • Event requires City services

  • Event involves closure or modification of traffic flow of local streets or any arterial street.

The submission of a Special Events Permit Application may be one of several applications an event organizer may need to submit. The responses to questions in the application will help the City inform you of other necessary permits and approvals needed.

For additional information on special events please contact Norma-Milena Gavarrete at 305-460-5607 or via email at or by mail at 405 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33134.

Important Documents

Right-click on document link and select "Save target as..." or left-click on document link and follow the options that come up.

Farmers Market:

Vendors participation in the Farmers Market is by invitation only.
Please contact Norma Gavarrete for more information.