Sponsor a Little Free Library in Coral Gables
To inspire the love of reading, the Community Recreation Department is installing Little Free Libraries at some City parks. Take a book or leave a book at any of these parks. The Little Free Library is a global literacy movement with 100,000 registered mini-libraries in all 50 states and 108 countries around the globe. To date, more than 120 million books have been shared through this program.
Bring people together and promote a community of readers!
By sponsoring a Free Little Library you or your organization will have the opportunity to join the City of Coral Gables in developing a system of Little Free Libraries within the existing parks system and start a neighborhood movement to share books.
Complete a Little Free Library Sponsorship Form HERE
The cost of a Little Free Library Sponsorship Package is valued at $1,000 each, and includes:
- Purchase and installation of a Composite Two Story Forest Little Free Library at a park of your choice within the approved listing of available park locations.
- Starter kit of books.
- Commemorative small tribute plaque in honor of the individual or organization.
- Opportunity to hold a ribbon-cutting on site.
- A registered library located on the Little Free Library World Map HERE.
- Additional proceeds will go towards Community Recreation literacy initiatives such as the annual Coral Gables Summer Family Literacy Festival.
Approved Park Locations for Little Free Library Placement**:
- Alcazar Plaza
- Balboa Plaza
- Betsy Adams and the Coral Gables Garden Club Park
- Blue Road Open Space
- Carlos S. Kakouris Park
- Cartagena Park
- Catalonia Park*
- Coral Bay Park
- Coral Gables Merrick House*
- Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center
- Country Club Prado
- Durango Park
- Enrique “Henry” Cepero Memorial Park
- Ferdinand Park
- Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park
- Freedom Plaza
- Granada Golf Course
- Granada Park
- Ingraham Park
- J. Fritz and Frances Gordon Park
- Jaycee Park
- Leucadendra Drive Triangle
- Lisbon Park
- Lola B. Walker Pioneers' Park
- Loretta Sheehy Park
- MacFarlane Linear Park
- Maggiore Park
- Majorca Park*
- Marlin Park
- Merrick Park
- Miss Lamar Louise Curry Park
- Nellie B. Moore Park
- Phillips Park
- Pierce Park
- Pittman Park
- Ponce de Leon Park
- Robert J. Fewell Park
- Rotary Centennial Park*
- Ruth Bryan Owen Waterway Park
- Salvadore Park
- San Benito Green
- San Sebastian Park
- Sarto Green
- Sunrise Harbor Park
- Tiziano Park
- Venetia Park
- Venetian Pool
- War Memorial Youth Center
- William A. Cooper Park
- William H. Kerdyk Biltmore Tennis Center
- William H. Kerdyk, Jr., and Family Park
- Young Park
*Little Free Library already placed at this location.
**Alternative City property locations would need to be approved by the Community Recreation Department Director.
Little Free Library Locations