City of Coral Gables General Biennial Elections
The Mayor is elected to a two- year term and all Commissioners are elected to four-year terms on a non-partisan basis. The City of Coral Gables holds municipal elections every two years, in odd numbered years in April. The City of Coral Gables City Clerk is the local Supervisor of Elections for all municipal elections.
SEATS UP FOR ELECTION IN 2021
Candidate Financial Information
For the latest information on candidates’ Campaign Treasurer’s Reports.
Become a Candidate
Method of Qualifying for the Ballot:
Qualifying Fee ($200) – During the qualifying period, a candidate also pay an assessment fee of 1% of the salary of the office sought.
Mayor/Group I ($388.70)
Commissioner/Group IV ($315.85 Assessment Fee)
Commissioner/Group V ($315.85 Assessment Fee)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation
- Campaign Depository (DS-DE 9)
- Statement of Candidate (DS-DE 84)
- Candidate Oath (Non Partisan Office)/Oath of Candidate (DS-DE 24B)
- Statement of Financial Interests – 2009 (Form 1)
- Letter of Resignation (Resign to run, if applicable, pursuant to City Charter Section 8 - 60 days prior to the date of the Election, effective 3 days following the election)
- Proof of Residency/ Proof of Citizenship/ Proof of Registered Voter Status
- Declaration of Candidate Intent
- Voluntary Declaration and First Amendment Waiver (for Candidates who agree to comply with the Voluntary Statement of Fair Campaign Practices)
- Declaration for Candidates Not Automatically Covered by the Mandatory Provisions of the Miami-Dade Ethical Campaign Practices Ordinance Miami-Dade County Code at 2-11.1(c)(1)
- Undue Burden Oath (if applicable)
THE CITY OF CORAL GABLES ELECTION - APRIL 9, 2019 FLYER THE CITY OF CORAL GABLES ELECTION - APRIL 9, 2019 FLYER