Labor Relations Responsibilities and Services
The mission of Labor Relations is to create and promote a work environment that fosters a positive and effective relationship between labor and management. This office serves as the city’s point office on all matters concerning labor relations and is responsible for:
- Negotiating, administering and interpreting the city’s collective bargaining agreements with the city’s three labor unions: the Fraternal Order of Police, the International Association of Fire Fighters and Teamsters.
- Providing advice and counsel to management on labor matters, including performance management, progressive discipline, grievance and dispute resolution procedures.
- Promoting goodwill, co-operation and the general wellbeing of all employees.
- Conducting investigations in a neutral matter guided by principles of consistency and fairness in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Administering the city’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
Risk Management Responsibilities and Services
This office is responsible for mitigating the city's exposure to risk. To that end, this office:
- Administers property, general liability and workers' compensation claims.
- Ensures that all city assets are properly insured.
- Promotes safety programs for city employees through safety inspections, safety committee meetings and training sessions.
- Assists city departments with matters relating to insurance and risk analysis.
- Ensures that all vendors who provide services for the city have appropriate insurance coverage.
Duties of Chief Diversity Equity Inclusion and Accessibility Officer
This office is responsible for developing and implementing innovative and inclusive approaches to continue building a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEI&A) that aligns with the city’s mission. To that end, this office leads efforts to ensure DEI&A is integrated and embedded into all of the city’s strategies, processes and systems.
Documents & Forms
- Title VI / Non-Discrimination Program Plan (LAP Certification)
- General Non-Discrimination Policy
- Discrimination Grievance Form (English & Spanish)
- Disability Non-Discrimination Policy
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form (English)
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form (Spanish)
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form (Cardboard Boxes)
- Disability Discrimination Grievance Form (English)
- Disability Discrimination Grievance Form (Spanish)
- ADA Transition Plan - December 2017
- ADA Transition Plan - Update July 2019
- Title VI Program Plan for Trolley Services
The referenced media source is missing and needs to be re-embedded.