What is CodeMania?
The City of Coral Gables, in partnership with the University of Miami and Salesforce, is excited to announce a brand-new hackathon event called CodeMania! CodeMania! is a 3-week competitive, hands-on learning experience for high school students to learn how to build and present a solution using Salesforce to solve real-world problems. Together with your team you will plan, create, and present a public-facing digital experience and/or chatbot concept that can help the City of Coral Gables improve the lives of its residents and visitors.
Whether you are a coder- or app developer-in-training, get ready to gain valuable and marketable skills creating portals, chatbots and digital experiences on one of the most used customer relationship management (CRM) systems on the market, Salesforce. Go as out-of-the-box or custom as you like, but remember to keep your end goal in mind! Not a coder? Never fear! We want to help bring your ideas to life and will teach you what you need to know to get started with your build. Remember, this is a team effort. All teams must be two to five students and have an official sponsor from their high school. Teams are required not only to create a proof of concept but also to present the solution and connect it back to the real-world problem you are attempting to solve.
Assemble a team and compete
- Two to five students from each high school.
- All teams must have an adult sponsor.
- Teams must commit to participating in the three-week competition from start to finish.
Registration is due February 3, 2023 via online form. Don't miss out! Register now. Once registered, each team will receive additional information and resources to help prepare for the event.
The virtual kick-off is Feb. 10. and then it’s off to the races! You will have two weeks to build your solution. Get stuck or need some guidance? We will be hosting office hours during week two with mentors and experienced Salesforce administrators to help you on your way. Each team must submit an abstract of their solution by Feb. 24. Project submissions are due March 1.
On March 3, teams will participate in an all-day, in-person event at the University of Miami where they will present solutions, and a panel of judges will select CodeMania! winners. After the judges convene, we will have an awards ceremony and celebration.
Your goal is to build a public-facing digital experience or chatbot concept to help the City of Coral Gables solve one of the following:
- The City of Coral Gables is launching an initiative to encourage residents and visitors to explore the city and help them plan their day or visit.
- The department of transportation of the City of Coral Gables wants to help people find the right public transit options for them based on their travel and accessibility needs.
- The City of Coral Gables is interested in finding new ways to connect people with community groups, sports teams and other public offerings.
Register today!Register today!