Reopening Coral Gables Parks and Recreational Facilities For Limited Use
Moving to a New Normal: Reopening our Parks Facilities Safely
As of September 14, 2020
The City of Coral Gables is moving to a new normal and gradually reopening our parks facilities in a safe and prudent manner. With the highest health and safety measures in mind our City is happy to announce the reopening of the following facilities:
Sept. 14 Reopening: The Fitness Center at the War Memorial Youth Center has reopened at a reduced capacity for 50-minute time slots to comply with mandatory health and safety requirements. Hours of operations are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Open only for active fitness members with advanced reservations. Face coverings are required at all times. For more information, contact 305-460-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 15 Reopening: The Venetian Pool is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Patrons must wear face masks other than when physically swimming. For more information, contact 305-460-5306 or email email@example.com.
Reservations for the fitness center and the pool need to be made in advance at www.playgables.com. Patrons must submit to temperature screening prior to being granted entry.
Now OPEN to the Public:
- Film and Photo Permits have resumed with restrictions. Request your permit today at 305-460-5607.
- Parks and Open Spaces above 1 acre in size open from dusk to dawn
- The Youth Center Field is open Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for single and family use.
- The Granada Golf Course is open Monday - Sunday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Salvadore Tennis Center is open Monday - Friday, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The William H. Kerdyk Biltmore Tennis Center is open Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Both tennis centers will be open for social play with limited courts for private lessons.
- The senior exclusive hour at Salvadore Tennis, Granada Golf Course and Philips Park remains: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and includes the use of singles Pickle Ball at Salvadore Tennis.
- The use of limited pro-shop sales is permitted to include prepackaged and single-use goods.
- The rental of limited golf carts is permitted at the Granada Golf Course with advanced reservations. Cart rentals are limited to one person per cart.
- All open facilities are available to both Coral Gables residents and non-residents. Reservations must be made in advance. Walk-ins will not be honored.
- Please keep in mind that all open facilities require reservations in advance with credit card as the only form of payment.
While we are facing a temporary setback on reopening some of our facilities such as the Adult Activity Center, we want you to know that when the time is right we will be ready to safely welcome you back in.
Make your reservations today to guarantee your court or t-time!
DO's at Parks:
- Everyone above age 2 must wear a face covering/mask at all times.
- Practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from others.
- Keep moving: Walking, jogging, cycling etc.
- Follow one-way directions when available
- Bathrooms: 1 person / family at a time
- Tennis doubles play allowed
- Bring your own water
- Pets must remain on leash at applicable parks
DONT's at Parks:
- No groups of 10 or more
- No use of playgrounds
- No basketball
- No use of fitness / exercise equipment
- No picnics or use of pavilions / shelters
- No games, organized sports or play activities
- No use of water fountains
- No park use to exceed 2 hours
- No smoking or tobacco products on park property
To Remain CLOSED until further notice:
- War Memorial Youth Center (except the Fitness Center)
- Adult Activity Center
- Parks and open spaces below 1 acre in size
- Parks amenities: playgrounds, basketball courts, exercise equipment
- Special events & sports tournaments
In an effort to contain the potential spread of the Coronavirus, the City has placed strict guidelines for the use of these facilities, which include wearing a face covering at all times. All guidelines will be enforced.