What is trash?
Trash is made up of larger items that come from the home such as furniture, tires, palm-fronds, leaves, and tree branches.
Trash pickup guidelines:
- If disposing of larger items such as furniture and appliances, please create a service request or call the Solid Waste Division at (305) 460-5346.
- Do not place trash within five feet of parkway trees, drain gates, water meters, or other utilities.
- Do not include construction material, oil-based paints, and hazardous materials such as pesticides and household chemicals in your trash pickup.
- Do not exceed 1 cubic yard of trash (approximately the size of a Smart car).
- Do not place trash (besides yard waste) outdoors until the night before scheduled pickup.
Have questions about trash pickup? See common questions below:
What day will my bulk trash be picked up?
- Residents can enter their address here to find out about their respective collection days.
Will the City fill the pit located on the swale after trash pickup?
- Yes, once the pit becomes too deep the City will fill the hole. Please create a service request here or call the Solid Waste Division at (305) 460-5346.
How much does a special pickup cost?
- A special pickup for items such as appliances costs $50.
I have more than 1 cubic yard of waste I need to dispose of—what do I do?
- The City will pick up the excess waste, but please note there is a charge of $10 per cubic yard for any excess waste removal.
Can I put cardboard boxes in my trash pit for pickup?
- No, please discard of cardboard boxes with your recycling.