The Procurement Division is responsible for providing all City Departments with supplies, equipment and services necessary to perform their activities. The Division is charged with the responsibility of professional procurement, including development and review of bid specifications, administration of the formal bid process, contract administration, and auctioning.
Procurement of supplies, equipment and services is performed by professional buyers working in concert with City departments. The Division communicates with active and prospective vendors and represents the City at all bid openings.
The Division provides professional services to the Property Advisory Board, Information Technology Committee and the Emergency Management Team.
Comply with all federal, state, county and municipal laws, ordinances, codes and regulations.
Provide a breadth of purchasing and other related services to City’s departments.
Provide cost-effective services that maximize the City’s resources.
Attract, train, motivate and retain a competent and cohesive workforce.
Promote honest communication and cooperation with City departments and the public.
Awards and Recognition
- 2013: Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award.
- 2010: Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award.
- 2007: Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award.
- 2004: Certificate of Appreciation by the City Commission for the assistance rendered during Hurricane Season 2004.
- 2004: Outstanding Agency Accreditation Achievement Award.
City of Coral Gables
2800 S.W. 72nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33155
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed holidays and weekends