With the holidays fast approaching, the entire force of the Coral Gables Police Department would like to thank everyone for the incredible support shown to our members in taking a stand against crime since my appointment as Interim Police Chief back in September.
By working together with the community, our police men and women have been able to conduct numerous arrests in several cases and contribute to your safety and well-being.
The holiday season is a special time for everyone, but also a time when busy people become more vulnerable to theft and other crimes.
We certainly don’t want you to become a victim of crime this holiday season so it is important that you remember to stay safe and vigilant.
Please help us protect you by following these crime-free holiday season safety tips:
• If you’re traveling during the holidays and plan to be away from home, have a trusted neighbor pick up your mail and newspaper and call our Police Department at 305-442-1600 to request a residential security check. This service is free of charge and helps us know when to patrol around your home to check for any suspicious activity.
• Indoor and outdoor lights at home should be on an automatic timer.
• When dashing out of your home for the holiday season, make sure your garage door is closed to prevent thefts at home. Also, check that all doors and windows are locked to prevent break-ins.
• When shopping after dark, remember to park in well-lit areas and shop with friends or relatives because there is safety in numbers. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• Always lock all vehicle doors and never keep holiday packages and valuable items in plain view inside of your vehicle.
• When you go shopping, be extra careful if you carry a wallet or purse as they are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas.
• If you’re attending a holiday party, plan on having a designated driver. Don’t drink and drive and don’t text and drive for your safety and for those on the road.
On behalf of the Coral Gables Police Department, have a happy and safe holiday season. If you have any concerns whatsoever regarding our duty to protect you, please know that my door is always open. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 305-460-5418.
Edward J. Hudak, Jr.
Interim Chief of Police
City of Coral Gables
Chief Ed Hudak September 2014 Message
Help us protect you and your neighborhoods
Join the new Quick Response Burglary Prevention Program
Burglary Prevention Program Application Form