The Coral Gables Police Department wishes you a happy and safe holiday season.
Please remember to stay safe and vigilant by following these crime-prevention holiday tips:
• If you’re traveling during the holidays and plan to be away from home, have a trusted neighbor pick up your mail and newspaper and call our Police Department at 305-442-1600 to request a residential security check. This service is free of charge and helps us know when to patrol around your home to check for any suspicious activity.
• Use the main lobby of the Coral Gables Public Safety/Police Building at 2801 Salzedo Street as a “Safe Haven” for your internet transactions. You can meet at this lobby any day of the week between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• If you go to an automatic teller machine for cash, check for people around and make sure it is well lit and in a safe location.
• When shopping after dark, remember to park in well-lit areas and shop with friends or relatives because there is safety in numbers. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
• Always lock all vehicle doors and never keep holiday packages and valuable items in plain view inside of your vehicle. The best place is in a locked trunk.
• If you’re attending a holiday party, plan on having a designated driver. Don’t drink and drive and don’t text and drive for your safety and for those on the road.
Enjoy the holiday season but please be aware of your safety on the streets and at home. It only takes a second for a criminal to ruin your holidays. If you need to reach us, the Coral Gables Police non-emergency number is 305-442-1600. Please call 911 for any emergencies.
Edward J. Hudak, Jr.
Chief of Police
City of Coral Gables
Watch: The Wallet Card (with hosts Lt. Bart Barta and Haley Moss)
Watch: Interview with America Teve (Spanish)
Watch: Coffee Talk with Chief Hudak
Interim Police Chief Named To Permanent Position
National Crime Victim's Right Week in Coral Gables
Chief Hudak Receives UM Sports Hall of Fame Service Award
As seen in The Florida Villager magazine issue of May 2015.
As seen in The Florida Villager magazine issue of April 2015.
As seen in The Florida Villager magazine issue of March 2015.
As seen in The Florida Villager magazine issue of February 2015.
As seen in The Florida Villager magazine issue of January 2015.
Chief Ed Hudak September 2015 Message
Chief Ed Hudak July 2015 Message
Chief Ed Hudak May 2015 Message
Chief Ed Hudak March 2015 Message
Chief Ed Hudak January 2015 Message
Chief Ed Hudak November 2014 Message
Chief Ed Hudak September 2014 Message
Quick Response Burglary Prevention Program
Burglary Prevention Program Application Form