Beginning Wednesday, January 16, locals in downtown Coral Gables will be able to enjoy a break from the work week with free lunchtime Jazz concerts on the Plaza of the Coral Gables Museum located on Salzedo Street two blocks north of Miracle Mile.
“The City is pleased to be bringing back Jazz in the Gables to residents and professionals. This free music event and the chance to hear a different talented jazz performer each week continues to gain popularity, and is a great way to support the local art scene,” said Mayor Jim Cason.
Lunchtime Jazz will take place every Wednesday beginning January 16, through March 27, 2013 at 12:15 p.m., and will feature a different artist each week. Box lunches by Catering by Lovables will be available for sale on-site. There will be two additional evening concerts scheduled for February 1 and March 7, 2013 at 8 p.m.
The event is a collaboration between the City of Coral Gables, the Coral Gables Museum, the Business Improvement District, the Miami Jazz Coop, and civic sponsors HBO Latin America, and Vizcaino, Gitlin & Zomerfeld, LLP – both of whom have offices in Coral Gables.
“Coral Gables has been home to our Latin America offices for many years, and this sponsorship is our way of saying ‘thank you’ to the city and demonstrating our commitment to the community,” said Miguel Oliva, Vice President of Public Relations and Corporate Communications at HBO Latin America.
Jazz in the Gables
• January 16: Grammy-winning saxophonist Felipe Lamoglia
• January 23: Sabado Gigante’s guitarist Lindsey Blair
• January 30: The sounds of the FIU Jazz Ensemble
• February 1: Special Evening Concert with Daniel Strange Quartet at 8 p.m.
• February 6: The fabulous Tito Cruz Quartet
• February 13: Internationally acclaimed jazz vocalist Paulette Dozier
• February 20: Latin jazz instrumentalist Andy Harlow and band Salsamania
• February 27: The captivating, soul stirring jazz singer Lenard Rutledge
• March 6: The entertaining music of the Jack Siegel Band
• March 7: Special Evening Concert at 8 p.m. Artist to be announced.
• March 13: UM’s award-winning jazz vocal ensemble Extensions
• March 20: The sounds of MDC Faculty Jazz Ensemble
• March 27: Acclaimed jazz steelpan player Othello Molineaux
For more information, contact Michelle Cash at 305-460-5313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.