Flood Insurance Can Help You Recover From a Disaster!
Did you know that standard hazard insurance on properties does not cover flood damage? Did you know that flood insurance is required for all federally regulated mortgages in flood zones? Flood insurance is an important coverage to have!
Flood Insurance premiums are calculated based on factors such as:
- Year of building construction
- Building occupancy
- Number of floors
- The location of its contents
- Its flood risk (i.e. its flood zone)
- The location of the lowest floor in relation to the elevation requirement on the flood map.
- The deductible you choose and the amount of building and contents coverage.
Note: When purchasing flood insurance, the policy will not take effect until 30 days after purchase, so plan ahead!
For more information please visit the FEMA flood insurance page or FloodSmart.