Skip to page body Home Government About Coral Gables Attractions Doing Business City Services I Want To...

Building and Electrical Permits required for Special Events

 The City of Coral Gables Development Services Department requires the following permits for Carnivals, Concerts, Fairs and Similar events.

  • Requirements for Temporary Tents exceeding 120 Sq. Ft. :

    • Two (2) copies of signed and sealed plans, including floor plan and elevations.
    • Two (2) copies of signed and sealed engineering calculations. (Tent shall be designed for 10 psf and Poles, supports and tie-downs shall be designed for 20 psf.)
    • Date of event shall be specified in the application under the description of work section.
    • Special Inspector form must be signed and sealed by the engineer.
    • A Pre-Event Fire Inspection is required.


  • Electrical power:

    • The event must comply with the 2011 National Electrical Code Requirements of Article 525 including but not limited to portable wiring and equipment permanent structures, audio signal processing, amplification, reproduction equipment, attractions utilizing pools, fountains, and similar installations with contained volumes of water, vertical clearances, clearance to portable structures protection of electrical equipment, location, guarding and mounting of power sources services, and wiring methods.
    • After hours inspection will be required for events held on evenings, weekends or holidays. 
  • Signage

    • For signage requirements please click here
Last updated: 9/21/2016 10:16:14 AM