Jeannett Slesnick was elected on April 14, 2015 and sworn in as a City Commissioner on April 17, 2015.
Commissioner Slesnick is a longtime resident of Coral Gables and has always been actively involved in the community. She is committed to using her years of community engagement and leadership experience to help ensure the continuation of the City’s special quality of life for residents, their families and future generations.
Commissioner Slesnick graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of Florida in 1972. She pursued a career in real estate and after 25 successful years with Kerdyk and EWM real estate companies, Commissioner Slesnick became a broker and formed her own company in 2006, Slesnick and Jochem, LLP. She has been the top agent for listing single family homes in the Gables for 22 years. This has provided her with the unique opportunity of working closely with homeowners throughout the city – and listening to their ideas and concerns. Commissioner Slesnick has been actively involved in important programs and organizations, such as the City of Coral Gables Museum, the Red Cross, the Junior Orange Bowl, Actors Playhouse and the Coral Gables Community Foundation.
A resident of Coral Gables since 1972, Commissioner Slesnick is married to Don Slesnick II and has two children, Kathleen Kauffman and Don Slesnick III (Ceci) and four grandchildren, all of whom are residents of Coral Gables.
2015-2019: City Commissioner, Group Five
• Past member and/or Chairman of various City of Coral Gables Boards for 14 years: Historic Preservation Board, Economic Development, Cultural Affairs Board (1986-2000)
• St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, Member of vestry/Senior Warden (2013-2015)
• Junior Orange Bowl Committee – President 1989, still active
• Junior League of Miami – Board Member - Sustainer (present)
• Biltmore Homeowners Association – Vice President (1985-present)
• Miami Dade Board of Realtors – active member
• Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors (1984-87) Chair, Tourism Committee, Ambassadors Program 1999-2001 (still an active member)
• George Washington Carver Middle School P.T.A. – President; Gables, Ponce PTSA
• Coral Gables Museum-Board of Directors (2007 to 2013)
• Coral Gables Community Foundation – 2008 Chairman
• Actors’ Playhouse – Board of Directors (1996-present)
• Coral Gables Garden Club – member (1999-present)
• Gables Good Government Committee, President (2012-2015)
• South Florida Chapter of American Red Cross Board Member (2010-present)
Appointment Information: Contact 305-569-1833
City of Coral Gables
Office of Commissioner Jeannett Slesnick
405 Biltmore Way, Second Floor
Coral Gables, FL 33134